GET FIT PROGRAMS
Use our contact form:
Research shows that active children are more likely to remain FIT adults. The SICFIT Kids empowers our Lil’ Beasts to develop body control and teach basic nutrition concepts early in life preparing them for the challenges they will face in sport, play and eventually work.
SICFIT Kids uses a combination of skill practice, workouts and games to build strength and conditioning in children. Our classes include elements of gymnastics, weight lifting, body weight movements, running, jump roping, and more. Our goal is to make fitness FUN! Specifically, SICFIT Kids teaches the 10 General Physical Skills. These skills are the base for any sport or discipline your child may pursue. In addition to learning new skills, you will notice your child makes better food choices, is more focused in school, transitions to new sports easier, and has a reduced risk of sport-related injury.
The Lil’ Beasts are a group of monstrous rascals each with personalities of their own. Named after concepts of functional fitness, these little guys can be hilarious friends and classroom learning tools at the same time. Check out their backstory below:
- Lil Beasts live in your “box” (a.k.a. gym), in the little spaces between the rowing machines, underneath the weight racks and medicine balls, above pull-up bars and in the ceiling near the rings.
- Lil Beasts love to be awesome at everything they do! They want to help you be awesome too! Every workout you will do with them is designed to make you stronger, play longer, jump higher, run faster and have more energy!
- The Lil’ Beasts are also very careful about what they eat. Good food will help you be a BEAST, and bad food will make you tired, lazy and sick, like Skeeter the Cheater.
- There’s a lot to learn, but each of the Lil Beasts is ready to show you the way! Remember: Live long and strong. Most of all, have fun!
You will see your child have an increased ability to learn and succeed in other sports, once they have a base as a Lil’ Beast.
- Cardiovascular Endurance – Can you get enough oxygen to your body?
- Stamina – Can you get enough energy to your muscles?
- Strength – How much can you lift?
- Flexibility – Can you touch your toes?
- Power – How much work can you do in the least time?
- Speed – How fast can you go?
- Coordination – Can you pat your head and rub your stomach?
- Accuracy – Can you kick a soccer ball into the net?
- Agility – How quickly can you change direction?
- Balance – Can you stand on one foot? With your eyes shut?
In SICFIT Scottsdale’s Kids program, you will see your child progress through a series of levels. At each level children learn new skills and build their fitness. It’s a medium through which you will see your children become the best version of themselves possible. The tool we use is physical fitness, but our philosophy is that training increases quality of life, both inside and outside the gym – children learn to become leaders and successful human beings.
- We teach children to become successful leaders.
- We will provide a safe and positive learning environment.
- We promote the importance of health and fitness for a lifetime.
- We will bring out the lil’ beast in your child!
- Weekly Classes
- “Skills of the Month”
- Nutrition Education
- Personal Record Days
- Promotion Events & Ceremonies
- Ranking System for Levels
The Lil’ Beasts program is designed for EVERY child to experience and celebrate progress. As you watch your child grow in ability and confidence, you will also see them learn that work results in success.
OTHER PROGRAM OPTIONS
- Private Lessons – SICFIT Scottsdale also offers private lessons for children ages 3 – 17. For schedule and pricing, email Info@SICFITscottsdale.com
- Special Groups & Events – SICFIT Scottsdale hosts a variety of events, including birthday parties, PE classes from local schools, summer camps and specialized training for sports teams. To find out how we can help your children be even more successful at their sport or have the best birthday they will ever remember, email us at Info@SICFITscottsdale.com
The Lil’ Beasts program currently offers children’s programs for three age groups:
Kids – Ages 4-8, 45 minutes
The Kids class concentrates on building movement patterns and creating good healthy habits with functional fitness. Balance and basic knowledge of how the body moves is the focus of this class. Children learn the foundational movements like squat, push-ups, climbing, jumping and basic gymnastics movements. Fitness games make learning fun and help teach important skills of listening and working well with others. You will see you child learn to follow directions, communicate, and play with others. Your child’s confidence, both physically and mentally, will grow with each class. The first class is always free.
Our tween program begins preparing students for organized high school sports. It gives them an edge into sports by teach them speed, agility, and power, while increasing their strength and stamina. This program also advances them from the kids program and prepares them to enter the teens classes.
Teens – Ages 13 +, 45 minutes
Our teen and tween programs takes training to the next level. Students will continue to learn the 10 basic physical skills, including strength, cardiovascular conditioning, agility, coordination, and balance. In addition they will take a more in-depth exploration of the movements and programming consistent with the Strength In Conditioning philosophy. Weight training will transition from dumbbells to barbells, with the emphasis still on using the least amount of weight possible to provoke a growth response in the body. Proper form will be priority number one. Workouts will be of higher intensity than and will more closely resemble an Adult Beginner class. There will be a strong emphasis on teamwork, communication and leadership skills, knowing that our Teens are just a few short steps from being grown-ups out in the “real” world. High school athletes will be reviewed and assessed by a coach to determine if adult classes are more suitable. The first class is always free.