Strength in Conditioning for Tuesday, September 9, 2014
Don’t miss SICFIT Scottsdale’s Food as Fuel sesh tonight to help prepare for the Whole Life Challenge beginning this week! To help kick start the ol’ nutrition noggin here are a few things to consider when planning our weekly meals, courtesy of Becca Borawski Jenkins of Breakingmuscle.com:
- Is there enough variety in the protein sources?
- Do we have green vegetables with every meal?
- Is there a source of starchy carbohydrates for my fiance?
- Is there a variety in color and type of vegetables over the week?
- Will there be enough left over for lunch?
- What vegetables are in season?
- What is on sale at the grocery store?
- Can my personal schedule handle this workload of recipes?
See you tonight at 7pm for Food as Fuel!
Arm circles, planks, bear crawls, push ups, sit ups, squats
8 Minute EMOM
LIFE: 3 Reps | increase weight after every 3 sets
FITNESS: 1 Rep | increase weight after every 2 sets
SPORT: 1 Rep | increase weight every set
6 Minute EMOM
Push Press | Begin at final weight from strict press
LIFE | FITNESS | SPORT: Same as strict press
50 Double Unders + 50 sit ups
40 + 40 | 30 + 30 | 20 + 20 | 10 + 10
Scale for DU is 3x singles
Rest 3 minutes
2 Minutes max push ups
Rest 2 minutes
2 Minute max effort row