Strength in Conditioning for Tuesday, March 31, 2015
A little over two weeks left in the SICFIT Scottsdale Spring Leaning Paleo Nutrition Challenge and the time is now to buckle down and tighten up ship!
Take these quick tips and put them in your back pocket. At this point in the game, every sip, swallow, and rep counts!
- Keep avoiding the big NO-NOs, wheat, dairy, anything processed, and sugar!
- Keep the healthy stuff easy to grab.
- Going out to eat? Stick to the salads and/or don’t be afraid to make special requests.
- Drink half your bodyweight in ounces of water a day.
- First thing in the morning drink 8-10 ounces of room temperature water.
- Quit drinking liquids 30 minutes before and after meals to avoid diluting digestive enzymes.
- All food should be chewed to the consistency of applesauce before swallowing.
- Meals should be balanced to a 40-40-20 split of carbs, protein, and fat.
- If you can’t read it, don’t eat it!
- Got a sweet tooth? Go for dark chocolate, 60% cacao or greater.
- Remember that this is more than a six week competition. It is a lifestyle shift. Be patient with yourself and stay committed long after the challenge is over!
3 Rounds For Time