My name is Kanon. Some of you know me from CrossFit Kids. I am the youngest of all the students. I love burpees! My daddy has been teaching me how to do them since I was born. It really helps me with my hitting when I play baseball. I’m pretty lucky to have my parents cuz they can get me new cleats, gloves and gear. When I heard that there are other boys and girls right here in Arizona that cant afford Little League uniforms or gloves or even hats. I got pretty sad but my daddy said not to worry and that he had an idea.
Arizona Baseball Charities and CrossFit Scottsdale have teamed up to turn a double play. By having Kids Run for Kids everyone WINS. The race is this Sunday at Scottsdale stadium at 11am. I’m going to be running with my daddy cuz I am only 3 but anyone can run under age 12. The coolest part is that we get to run inside the stadium and finish around home plate.
CrossFit is three equal parts. Conditioning… Olympic lifting… and Gymnastics. So why do so many CrossFitter’s forget about the last? Maybe because it’s difficult and technical. Either way today we are going to dive right in to hand stands & muscle ups. Here is a video from this past weekends CrossFit Level II course at the USD strength and conditioning center in San Diego, CA.
1 Hand stands
3 Muscle ups
10 min AMRAP
Max effort Push up/Air squat 2x minute
I would like to congratulate B.G for his achievements in the classroom in 2009. He is the most consistent student we have and it shows in his numbers. Always coming in the top 3 and never missing a class Brian is a leader in all 3 categories (gymnastics, Olympic lifting, conditioning) Check out some of his numbers: Fran 3:31 Cindy 25 Helen 8:53 Jonny Boi 22:54
Brian is training for the sectionals in March and is considered one of our “Elite” athletes.
1. Cook chicken breast as desired (grill, bake, poach) then shred or chop
2. Cut & gently cook fresh asparagus (blanch or microwave) TIP! Blanch: Cook in boiling water until medium & still bright green (5 min) : Remove from boiling water directly into bowl of ice water : This will stop the cooking to maintain crispness & vitamins
3. Whip together egg & egg whites, season with herbs, S & P
4. Pour into preheated sauté pan & allow to “set” about 2 minutes
5. Add cooked chicken & asparagus
6. Fold over ½ omelet on itself & finish cooking
7. Garnish with fresh green onions, tomato & mozzarella cheese