Here’s some insight from Coach on the intent of CrossFit:
“CrossFit is in large part derived from several simple observations garnered through hanging out with athletes for thirty years and willingness, if not eagerness, to experiment coupled with a total disregard for conventional wisdom. Let me share some of the more formative of these observations:
1. Gymnasts learn new sports faster than other athletes.
2. Olympic lifters can apply more useful power to more activities than other athletes.
3. Powerlifters are stronger than other athletes.
4. Sprinters can match the cardiovascular performance of endurance athletes � even at extended efforts.
5. Endurance athletes are woefully lacking in total physical capacity.
6. With high carb diets you either get fat or weak.
7. Bodybuilders can’t punch, jump, run, or throw like athletes can.
8. Segmenting training efforts delivers a segmented capacity.
9. Optimizing physical capacity requires training at unsustainable intensities.
10. The world’s most successful athletes and coaches rely on exercise science the way deer hunters rely on the accordion.”
Most of you know by now, I like my coffee. I like it hot, sweet and with milk. I also like it without 450 calories. That’s the difference between a Venti Americano 40 calories 75 with whole milk (.5 block) and a Venti soy white chocolate mocha 490. That’s about one extra double double with cheese from in-n-out (4 block) you could have instead of that cup of coffee.
Im not saying, I’m just saying. Know what your drinking.
Choices under 200 calories (Tall)
5 calories, 0 g fat
0 calories, 0 g fat
Non fat cappuccino
60 calories, o g fat
Non fat caramel macchiato
140 calories, 1 g fat
Skinny vanilla latte
90 calories, 0 g fat
130 calories, 1 g fat
CrossFit Scottsdale will be having its Grand Opening this Friday September 11th in honor of our Heroes from 9/11. Come train for FREE alongside soldiers from Luke Air Force base, National Guard, Scottsdale police and Fire fighters. Classes will be at 6am (FULL) 8am (FULL) 10am and 12pm are still open.
Please R.S.V.P to info@CrossFitScottsdale.com. Get a FREE commemorative CrossFit Scottsdale T-shirt (while supplies last) after you complete your workout.
Then on Saturday September 12th from 6-10pm the party begins with a lululemon function show, CrossFit demo, raffel prizes, silent auction, Hor d’ ouerves, beverages and more… Please bring your friends and family. R.S.V.P to info@CrossfitScottsdale.com.
Special thanks to:
Rockstar energy drinks
You can live your life in two ways: Comparative or Contributory. As a comparative person you will seek out material objects that make other people happy and quench our perverted need to be materially better than our neighbor. As a contributory person you will seek to achieve the things that are important to yourself and to your family. Which person do you want to be today?
Today is labor day and on this government holiday most people are given the day off to vacation and relax. Our combat forces in Afghanistan, Iraq, Turkey, South America, Africa and others don't get the day off. So while we may have 'work' off, it's time to get to WORK and contribute to one another today and lend our thoughts to those overseas. Coach Luke was nice enough to let me program the WOD for today and I have been working on a TRIPLET: Two individual WODS and a final partner WOD. This is competition form: Game on CrossFit Scottsdale. Jon K
Get your Free fix of CrossFit Scottsdale and lululemon, this weekend.
Saturday at the Borgata @ 10am 6166 N. Scottsdale Rd. Suite 408. Scottsdale, AZ
Sunday at the new location at the Biltmore @ 10:30am 2502 Camelback Road, Ste. 133. Phoenix AZ