Strength in Conditioning for Thursday, April 30, 2015
Prefer to hit the gym solo? Or are you addicted to Spin, Yoga, or Barre classes? SICFIT Scottsdale’s group fitness classes provides the best of both worlds.
In every class, we provide group instruction to help you master important skills, techniques, and strategies that you will need for the workout. We make sure everyone gets individual attention and advice before setting you free to tackle the workout independently — all while under the watchful eye of your coach and amidst your classmates fighting through the same workout!
The following list details five reasons this class structure will help you lean down, tone up, and feel great — and do so better and faster than working out solo or in a traditional class setting:
- One Workout, Many Modifications. We may only have one workout of the day, but everyone in your class will be doing it in a slightly different way. Our class structure gives our coaches the opportunity to prescribe particular modifications for each person, ensuring they get the workout that is going to provide the greatest benefit for their current level of fitness.
- Positive Peer Pressure. Allowing students to work independently (rather than under the full dictatorship of the coach) has a hidden benefit… it gives you time to get to know your classmates! Aside from the proven positive health benefits that comes from feeling part of a community, your peers will help push you to limits you didn’t know you had!
- Group Accountability. The only thing better than one gym buddy, is two gym buddies. Or three. Or four. Or ten. On those days you don’t feel like hitting the gym, having a gym partner is vital. In SICFIT Scottsdale’s group fitness design, everyone in you regular class (including your coach) time becomes your gym buddy! That’s a lot of accountability!
- Safety First! The group instruction time and individual attention we provide in our classes ensures that you lean proper skills and techniques to perform each exercise safely. Short of getting a personal trainer, this is would not be possible working solo. What’s more, most traditional class styles don’t allow for much individualized attention. (If you’re looking for some personal training, click here!)
- Finally, a Workout To Enjoy. All of these elements combined — to put it simply — makes working out a heck of a lot more fun! And let’s face it, if you enjoy coming to the gym, you will be much more likely to stick to your fitness routine.
Want to come see what our classes are all about. Schedule your free intro with a coach by following this link or call 480-922-3253!
3 Deadlift + 2 Hang Power Cleans + 1 Push Press
10 Minute EMOM of 1 Oly Complex
8 Minute EMOM of 5 Push Press
5 Minute EMOM of 5 Back Squats