10. We don’t need a sign that says “No cellphones allowed.” (you know what gym I’m talking about) Our people are DOIN’ WORK every minute they are in the gym.
9. You can workout barefoot and close to naked.
8. Puking during a workout is respected and even admired.
7. You can discuss your last Paleo bowel movement with your peers as you stretch out…and they’re actually interested.
6. If you fart mid-WOD, no one can hear you because the music is too loud.
5. We use our mirrors to tally our reps and write the WOD down.
4. You can get mad at the barbell…fo’ REAL…and slam it on the ground from overhead.
3. There is no weirdo muscle dude tryin’ to kick it to you on the treadmill next door.
2. You don’t need to be ashamed of the burn you get just above your butt-cheeks after doing ab-mat sit-ups, or if you pee a little during your box jumps, double unders, or jumping pull-ups….you actually announce this to a crowd of 20.
1. Where else can you discuss, hip thrust, snatch, jerk, doing girls like FRAN, CINDY and DIANE, cleaning your balls, and sharing a box without making people blush?
Thank you to Shorline CrossFit for a great blog.
CAN YOU THINK OF ANY OTHERS??? ADD THEM TO THE COMMENTS SECTION.
Coach Luke and I did a workout similar to this about 2 months ago and Luke repeatedly referred to that w.o.d. as “The hardest M F’n W.O.D. EVER!”. So we decided to treat our students to the same lesson in mental toughness as we did.
Give the Gift of Fitness this Holiday Season with a CrossFit Scottsdale Gift Card
Do you have a spouse, significant other, family member, neighbor or friend that you think would benefit from CrossFit? CrossFit Scottsdale gift cards truley keep on giving. When you give the gift of fitness, you give the gift of health. Daily physical activity reduces stress and can help you sleep better. Fitness has been linked to reducing the risk of many diseases and to warding off depression. Researchers also believe that strength training can help prevent osteoporosis. Not to mention that exercise also improves self-esteem, increases stamina and improves your body composition….It makes you look better naked!
When you purchase a CrossFit Scottsdale Gift Card you’ll receive a beautifully packaged gift card ready to hand over to get your buddy started with their fitness program. CrossFit Scottsdale Gift Cards are available at the gym or through our online store for $199. The recipient will receive a one month membership of 2 times a week of CrossFit team training, a private skill session, nutrition consultations, access to events and an extreemly supportive community.
You have every excuse in the book. You ate every single serving of food on your plate. Now you have a job to do. After your mother in law makes you clean out her garage. Go for a hike, walk or run. Play a sport. Tennis, Golf or Football. If your a good kid you might even ask your In laws if they want to go for a walk with you. Take your brother to the park and show him that turn around jumper you still have. Plain and simple have fun today. Get outside and enjoy your life and your family. If you don’t have a family you can join mine for a game of Frisbee Golf. Check out this video below but please don’t take it as serious as this guy does.
3 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup agave nectar
2 Tbsp ground almonds
1/2 tsp each of ginger, cloves, Cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg
1 cup pecans
Combine all of the ingredients except the pecans, in a bowl, mix well. Pour into a dish for Baking pies. Cover with pecans. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min. Chill before serving.
1 med yam
1 med sweet potato
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 Tbsp raw honey
1 Tbsp walnut oil
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp cloves
Peel the potatoes, and cut them into small pieces. Boil them in a pot of water for around 10 minutes, until soft. Drain the water. Add the remaining ingredients, mash with a potato masher. These are from Scott Hagnas of the Performance Menu: