Strength in Conditioning for Wednesday, August 19, 2015
A tabata is a fast, high intensity interval workout where work is performed for 20 seconds followed by a 10 second rest for eight rounds. We love these workouts here at SICFIT Scottsdale! And here are a few reasons why…
- Tabata workouts are extremely effective fat burners.
- They are versatile and can be used with many different kinds of functional fitness movements.
- Tabatas train both aerobic and anaerobic capacity, inspiring fat loss and increased muscle mass, simultaneously.
- With each tabata only requiring four minutes, they are incredibly efficient, time-saving workouts.
- The work rest cycle provides an opportunity to push ourselves to capacity every round.
- These high intensity workouts build mental toughness in addition to physical strength
In today’s workout we will be challenging ourselves to three tabatas. For your best results, pick a pace that is challenging but that you can sustain for all eight rounds for each movement. Try and keep your score consistent, rather than blowing out all of your energy in the first few rounds. Get ready for the longest four minutes of your life!
30 Second L Sit
300 Meter Run or 250 Meter Row
Tabata |8 Rounds Each Movements
Squats | Rest at Bottom
Walk out Push Ups |Option to Rest in Plank