Strength in Conditioning for Wednesday, January 7, 2015
Not all habits are bad habits. Turning healthy behaviors into second nature requires just a dash a consistency, a pinch of discipline, and a generous dose of conscious effort. And before we know it, we are hooked on the good stuff!
SICFIT Scottsdale has another super simple healthy habit for us to implement… Drinking one cup of hot lemon water a day. This single addition to our routine comes packed with a ton of health benefits. Here are few notable ones:
- As one of the most alkalizing foods, the lemon juice in your water will restore and maintain ph levels;
- Lemon water helps your body remain hydrated and nourished throughout the day;
- Lemon’s antibacterial properties cleanses the blood, digestive tract, and vital organs like the liver of toxins, especially when drank first thing in the morning;
- The lemon’s atomic composition is similar to our bodies’ natural digestive juices, aiding in digestion and promoting regular bowel movements;
- The uric acid in lemons reduces inflammation and the resulting pain in joints (add a dash of cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and ginger for added anti-inflamitory benefit and a bit of flavor!);
- The potassium in lemons nourishes and stimulates the brain and nervous system;
- Lemon’s high level of vitamin C strengthens our immune system and prevents infection and disease producing bacteria from growing;
- The vitamin C also stimulates our bodies natural healing response, restoring break downs in our bones, connective tissues, and joints, making it an essential component in our workout recovery regimen;
- As an antioxidant rich food, lemons cleanse and nourish the skin from the inside out, preventing and reversing acne and wrinkles.
- Drinking lemon water aids in weight loss, as its alkalizing properties facilitates this process and the pectic fiber reduces food cravings.
With so many positive health benefits, it’s almost an unhealthy habit not to drink a cup of warm lemon water each day! Just remember to rinse your mouth out after drinking to prevent the acid from decaying the enamel from your teeth!
Sit Up & Superman
30 Seconds Each for 5 Minutes
LIFE: 11 Push Ups | 3-4 Rounds