Every year Americans consumes thousands of pounds of sugar at Halloween, often making it one of the scariest holidays for those trying to be healthy. It doesn’t have to be so scary! As Halloween is just around the corner you might be looking for those pumpkins to carve into your best creation yet. When you carve up those orange balls, don’t waste that magnificent food… use it! Pumpkin is great for you and can help you stay on the straight and narrow around this scary holiday. One of the things we do at Halloween is snack on all that candy that the kids bring home, that you buy to give out, or your co-workers bring to work to get rid of! Well plan ahead! Bring with you your already made Halloween snack that’s full of nutrition. Use those pumpkin seeds from your pumpkins to make this great holiday snack!
Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 cups raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas);
- 2 tbsp coconut oil;
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp chili powder;
- 1 tbsp sea salt;
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, toss the pumpkin seeds with the melted oil, chili powder, sea salt and cayenne pepper;
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Let cool and serve or store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.