Paleo Beef Chili
Who doesn’t love a good bowl of Chili- and how about the Paleo version! This recipe involves roughly 5lbs of meat, and vegetables and it is absolutely mouth-watering delicious.
Be sure to pick up your grass fed beef next time you are at the gym, it is available for purchase!
- 1lb of grass-fed ground beef (Pick yours up at CrossFit Scottsdale!)
- 1lb of grass-fed sirloin steak, top roast, rib-eye, London broil, or flank steak (Pick yours up at CrossFit Scottsdale!)
- 3-4 thick slices of bacon
- 4 baby Portabello mushroom caps
- 6 baby carrot sticks (or one really big carrot)
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 can of tomato paste (not sauce)
- 1 small onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2tbsp cumin
- 1tbsp chili powder
- 1tbsp paprika or red pepper powder
- 1tsp coriander powder
- 1 whole avocado
Dice up all of the vegetables beforehand. Crush the garlic cloves. Combine with the spices in a bowl. Chop up the steak into small diced pieces. Fry the bacon in a pan (do not microwave it, you want to keep the fat in the pan). Once the bacon turns a rich brown colour, remove it and slice it into small pieces. Cook the steak first in the fat until browned on all sides. Remove and place in a bowl. Next, Cook the ground beef in the combined fats until browned. Remove and place in a bowl. Dump EVERYTHING into a crock pot or electric slow cooker. Stir well until the spices dissolve. Cook on LOW for 8-9 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours. Top with avocado or cilantro- Then, Enjoy!