Pumpkin Cashew Coconut Curry Chicken over “Rice”
For the Curry
1lb chicken, cut into cubes
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 red onion, sliced
2/3 cup canned coconut milk
1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
1/2 cup cashews
2-3 tablespoon curry powder
1 tablespoon Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
pinch of cinnamon
salt and pepper, to taste
cilantro, to garnish
For the Coconut Rice
1 head cauliflower, stem removed, roughly chopped
1/3 cup canned coconut milk
1/4 cup Unsweetended Shredded Coconut
1 tablespoon Virgin Coconut Oil
1 teaspoon raw honey
pinch of salt
(sub with shredded carrots and broccoli)
- First add your chopped cauliflower to your food processor with the shredding attachment to “rice” the cauliflower.
- Pull a large pot, place over medium heat, and add a tablespoon of coconut oil then add your cauliflower. Add a pinch of salt, then cover to help steam, mixing occasionally.
- Now pull out a large skillet and place under medium heat. Then add your coconut oil.
- Add minced garlic then chicken as soon as the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Once the chicken begins to become white on all sides, add your 2/3 cup coconut milk and pureed pumpkin to your chicken and mix until the pumpkin breaks down.
- Now add your sliced onions and spices to cook down.
- Then add your other ingredients for your coconut rice and cover to cook down. Stir occasionally to make sure it doesn’t burn!
- Let the rice cook for about 5-8 minutes until coconut milk has evaporated and you have sticky rice.
- When chicken is done cooking and your curry has thickened a bit, remove from heat and add your cashews to the curry mixture.
- Now place sticky rice in a bowl along with curry over top and cilantro to garnish!