FOOD AS FUEL PALEO CHALLENGE STARTS SATURDAY OCTOBER 17TH 10AM
Here are the basics. We wil be going over the ins and outs on Saturday and all participants will get a shopping list, 7 menus for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks as well as some starter recipes. Your homework tonight is to prep your house. Clean out everything that is on the “Things that will cost you” list. Out of sight out of mind! If it’s around you will want it. You have made a commitment for 4 weeks so make sure that nothing stands in your way and you make this as easy a possible for yourself.
If you haven’t made it to Max Muscle on Northsight and Raintree to get your body fat % tested please do so today, this weekend or at the latest on Monday. If you can’t make it on Saturday and still want to participate, schedule a time with me early in the week (Monday or Tuesday) to get all of your measurements in.
For Breakfast on Saturday: Eat some eggs scrambled with veggies and fruit with almonds/almond butter or sunflower seeds. We will have some Paleo snacks here for you for after the WOD.
- Use Food Journal foe every meal every day. Show your Journal to a coach at least once a week. 50 Burpee penalty for missed days.
- ACCOUNTABILITY JAR
$1.00 an item
$5.00 a meal
$10.00 a day
- Do CrossFit as much as possible. 3-2-1….GO!
APPROVED QUESTIONABLE ITEMS
- Sweet Potato/Yams
- Green Beans/Peas/Pickles
- Coffee/Coffee Beans
- Honey/Pure Maple Syrup/Pure Agave Nectar
MEATS. FISH. VEGGIES. SOME FRUIT. LITTLE STARCH. SEEDS & NUTS. EGGS. WATER. TEA. COFFEE.
ITEMS THAT COST YOU (DON’T EAT THESE FOODS OR FOODS/RECIPES THAT CONTAIN THEM)
- ALCOHOL (Beer, Wine, Liquor or other distilled spirits)
- DAIRY (Milk, Cheese, Yogurt, Sour Cream, Cream Cheese, etc)
- SODA (That includes Diet Soda)
- SUGAR (White, Brown, Artificial Sweetners, etc)
- BARLEY (Soup, Bread, All processed foods made from Barley)
- CORN (On the Cob, Tortillas, Chips, Starch, Syrup)
- OATS (Steel Cut, Rolled, & all other processed made from Oats)
- RICE ( Brown, White, Top Ramen, Noodles, Wild Rice)
- RYE (Bread, Crackers, all processed foods made from Rye)
- WHEAT (Bread, Rolls, Muffins, Noodles, Crackers, Cookies, Cake, Doughnuts, Pancakes, Waffles, Pasta, Tortillas, Pizza, Pitas, Flatbread, & all other processed foods made from Wheat)
- GRAINS (Buckwheat, Amaranth, Quinoa)
- LEGUMES (Adazuki, Black, Broad, Fava, Garbonzo, Horse, Kidney, Lima, Mung, Navy, Pinto, Red, String, White, Black Eyed Peas, Chickpeas, Lentils, Peanuts, Soybeans and all processed foods made from Soybeans and other Legumes)